About the Friends
Friends of the Library is a volunteer group that provides support to Shepherd Community Library. Individual, family, and business memberships are available at various levels.
Find us on Facebook!
The Friends group is organized and operated exclusively for charitable purposes, which will enable us to help promote excellence in library services by working with the Library Board and staff to support the library, its services, and its programs. The Friends will be on fundraising, special programs, and volunteer services to carry out this purpose.
- To undertake projects to raise needed funds for our library.
- To create awareness of the library services and their needs to the people in the community.
- To create awareness of the Friends group by being visible in the community.
- To assist staff in providing special programs of interest for all ages.
- To provide volunteer help in the library.
- Kathy Shepard, President
- Louie Holliday, Vice President
- Tim Daugherty, Recording Secretary
- Karen Butler, Corresponding Secretary
- Janet Leiferman, Treasurer
- Susan Brooks
- Jan Kruska
- Susan Sunderman
- Judy Sprague
Shepherd Community Friends of the Library meet in the Community Room of the Shepherd Community Library on the third Thursday of each month at 7 p.m., except August and December.
**Note: In July we have a family potluck/meeting in the downtown park.
Join the Friends
Joining is EASY! Just complete and return the membership application.
Annual Membership Dues:
- Students (17 and under): $5
- Senior Citizens (55 and over): $5
- Individuals: $10
- Dual/Family: $15
- Business/Service Organization: $25
**Dues are payable on or before December 31. New memberships paid after October 31 will be considered as paid through the following year.